Endocrinology and Diabetology
With increase in obesity and incidence of Type 2 diabetes, it has become a top health priority to treat and prevent diabetes. Diabetes Mellitus is the presence of high sugar levels in the blood. This medical condition cannot be cured, but can be controlled if managed properly. Patients having no control over the disease can suffer from complex medical problems like heart problems, stroke, kidney failure, loss of eye-sight. The Department of Diabetes & Endocrinology provides ethical, coordinated and evidence based treatment to Diabetes mellitus.
The department also diagnoses and manages diverse range of hormonal & metabolic diseases that include thyroid, osteoporosis, obesity, kidney stones, lipid disorders, male & female infertility. We have an extremely talented, skilled and knowledgeable team of endocrinologists, dialectologists, dieticians and support staff to treat patients and manage their diseases so that they can enjoy an enhanced quality of life. The department is well-equipped with latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment’s to handle long-term & short-term complications arising from the diseases in highly planned manner.
- Thyroid disorders- Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goitre, Thyroid Cancers.
- Hirsutism (Excessive facial or body hair in females)
- Polycystic ovary disease (PCOD or PCOS) and other female hormone disorders
- Short Stature & Growth disorders
- Delayed & premature puberty (delayed or early development of various secondary sexual characters in boys or girls)
- Osteoporosis (low bone density)
- Metabolic bone diseases - Vitamin D deficiency, Rickets, Osteomalacia, Hyperparathyroidism
- Pituitary disorders - Pituitary tumors, raised pituitary hormone levels (e.g. Prolactin, GH, etc.), deficiency of pituitary hormones, Diabetes insipidus
- Adrenal disorders - Adrenal tumors, Cushing’s syndrome, Pheochromocytoma, Adrenal failure
- Other endocrine disorders- Insulinoma, Neuroendocrine Tumors, MEN syndrome, PGA syndrome etc.